Smile Design and Veneer Process
- Comprehensive Evaluation – The first step in the smile design process for porcelain veneers is a comprehensive evaluation and examination. Dr. Calalang will look at the photos, the x-rays, the medical and dental history and examine the teeth and gums. This allows Dr. Calalang to identify the fundamental reasons for any damage to the teeth that have resulted in the need for porcelain veneers. Identifying the root cause will help him to address the problem and prevent future damage to the porcelain veneers.
- Intra-oral Photos and Models – The next step is for Dr. Calalang to design the proposed veneers digitally over your phot series. This also gives you a chance to see what your “new smile” will look like after the porcelain veneers procedure is complete.
- Preparation and Provisional Teeth Veneers – Once the porcelain veneers treatment plan is approved, Dr. Calalang will make adjustments to your teeth to accommodate the porcelain veneers. A tiny amount of natural tooth structure must be removed from the tooth to allow for the proper fit and placement of the permanent porcelain veneers. Dr. Calalang will take impressions of the teeth to be used by the dental laboratory making the final porcelain veneers. While your porcelain veneers are being fabricated, Dr. Calalang will create temporary veneers to protect your teeth and allow proper function.
- Try in of Porcelain Veneers – This step in the process will allow you to see the color, size, shape and fit of the porcelain veneers before placing them on permanently. If either you or Dr. Calalang don’t like the porcelain veneers, they will be sent back to the lab for the proper adjustments.
- Final Cementation of the Porcelain Veneers– Once both you and the Dr. Calalng are satisfied, they will be permanently bonded to the teeth and gently polished.